Monday, February 23, 2009

Ginger Macaroons


One of the few cookies I make year round or used to make as I live on my own now, and I would eat them all if they were there. I have never tried the fresh grated ginger. I also Love Ginger, so I am sure these are delicious.

From Chef-girl.net


3 cups flaked coconut2/3 cup white sugar3 egg whites1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or a little bit more if you’re like me, and love the stuff)
Mix all the ingredients together in a large-ish bowl.Drop by teaspoonful onto a lined baking sheet. (I used my Silpat sheet, but parchment paper would work too)Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF or until golden on the edges.
Notes:I found that letting the macaroons cool for a minute or two on the baking sheet makes them much easier to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment