Monday, February 16, 2009

From the Book The Joy of Cookies by Sharon Tyler Herbst

I make these when I get bored with Banana Bread

West Indies Banana Ginger Cookies

1.)Bowl #1: Combine 2c. Flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves and 1/4 tsp. salt.
2.) Bowl # 2: Combine 1/2 c. soft butter, 1.c Sugar, 1and1/2 tsp. vanilla and 2 eggs. Add to dry ingredients.
3.) Then add 1 c. mashed ripe banana, 1/3 c. minced crystallized Ginger and 1/2 c. raisins.

Drop by the teaspoon full onto lightly greased cookie sheets
bake in a preheated oven of 375 for about 6-8 mins.

When a bit cooler dust with icing sugar
I have found these to be a soft cookie almost cake like,but I enjoyed them. I have at times used ground ginger when crystallized ginger was not in my cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment