Thursday, February 12, 2009


That Darn Everlasting List

I have a long long list of all those recipes and foods I want to try but never seem to get around to. The list also seems to be growing endlessly. What to do! What to do! So I have played a trick on myself and have made a short list of no more than 5 items that I am attracted to at that moment, and when those are done I then can go onto the next 5. Sounds easy enough? Yes?

Homemade Hand Rolled Pasta

I have got to try this a least once, and without the pasta machine.


Plain Pasta Dough (Makes about 1 pound)
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
Place the flour in a mound on a large floured surface.
Make a well in the center. Add the water and salt.
Using a fork, gently start to work the flour into the liquid.
Continue until the dough becomes sticky and difficult to work with the fork.
Use your hands to form the rough dough into a ball. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
Divide the dough into 3 or 4 balls and let rest 30 minutes.
Roll out 1 ball at a time to the desired thickness, 1/8 to 1/16 inch, and cut into shapes.

From the website: mangiabenepasta

No comments:

Post a Comment