Monday, March 2, 2009

Italian Food With Rick Steves

I have some friends, a husband, wife and kids, who are a military family, and they recently just returned from a tour of duty in Italy. They have taken me out to eat Italian food and kind of given me an overview of what it was like to live in Italy. I love talking about food with them, the husband and I went to college together, down in Texas. So over the years we have went out to eat at many different places and shared ideas on all types of food.

I was really interested in hearing the radio show "Travel with Rick Steves." According to their website;
is a fun, hour-long, and practical talk show with guest experts and calls and questions from travelers. This weekly program is a lively conversation between travelers and the experts as we learn to explore our world smartly, smoothly, and thoughtfully.
This week he had several guest that discussed Italian food.

The February, 28 show is titled, Everyday Italian Cuisine. It was a discussion of Italy's distinctive regional cuisines. And how food is a high point for many travelers. They also covered the distinctive customs that Italians have for their food and drink and how it sometimes baffles American visitors.

Two Italian food guides talked with Rick to explain the basics of good everyday Italian style food. I also really enjoyed the calls form listeners, they made many great points about Italy, the food and the people.

I wanted to pass this link on to my friends and also share it with those who read our blog. You can listen to the show here >>> Traveling on your stomach: Everyday Italian Cuisine Windows Media Player.

Links to Italian Food Guides;

LemonsAndOregano.com
Tommaso's website

No comments:

Post a Comment